I don’t shop at City Sports. I go in there and get overwhelmed – so much stuff, disorganized, things scattered all over the place. So when I got invited to the media event at the re-opening of the women’s department at the City Sports on Boylston St in Boston, I was intrigued. What could they have possibly done to make me actually want to shop here? I was skeptical to say the least.
Well let me tell you, now City Sports is going to be the first place I shop when I want any athletic gear – running gear, yoga gear, or general athletic loungewear. The new City Sports Women’s department is phenomenal. Let me walk you through step-by-step what’s new and amazing about the new City Sports.
- Purple Walls – The new purple walls are really inviting and very visually appealing. The purple is very feminine without being over the top. It really makes you feel comfortable while you’re looking around.
- Bright lighting – The bright lighting is also very inviting. It makes it very easy to see all the products offered as well as the vibrant colors of those products.
- First and foremost, all of the women’s gear is in the same area. This makes it incredibly convenient to find whatever you want. You don’t have to sift through some women’s stuff here, some women’s stuff there. I don’t know about you, but there have been plenty of times in my life where I pick up a t-shirt or pair of shorts, “Oh this is cute I think I’m going to get this.” “Ma’am, the women’s stuff is over there.” “BAH!” It’s nice to not have to wonder if what I’m picking out is for men or women. It’s all for women!
- Pants Wall – The pants wall is great because the pants are all organized in cubes with labels detailing the brand of the pants, the fit, and the sizes carried in the store. It’s so nice that the sizes are detailed because there’s nothing more frustrating than sifting through a pile of pants for an xs or an xl and realizing that the store just doesn’t carry it. Now, all you have to do is look at the label to know how big or small the pants go. Also, the mannequins are all wearing the pants that are being sold, so you can pick out your pants based on what you’re seeing in front of you, not how you think they might look.
- Bra Wall – The bra wall is the best part of the entire department, in my opinion. The bras are organized by the type of support you need – from low impact (i.e. yoga) to high impact (i.e. running). The labels on the bras also detail the sizes the bras come in, and what sizes those translate to in terms of cup sizes. They also have a “find your fit” feature which allows you to determine the best bra for you based on your various fitness activities. Also, they have a brand new Mac in the bra department that you can browse bras on. The nice thing? All bras you see online they have in-store. No more finding a bra you love and only being able to buy it online. The only time you’ll have to buy a bra online is if City Sports happens to be out of your size in-store, which based on the looks of the wall won’t be that often.
- There are also separate sections dedicated to women’s shoes, yoga gear, running wear, outwear, and loungewear. It’s all very organized and aesthetically appealing so you actually enjoy browsing. You won’t get frustrated looking for something you like, because you’ll like it all! But really. Most of it is crazy cute (and functional).
- Lastly, City Sports has completely revamped their own line of women’s clothing and gear. Now their clothes and gear look and feel similar to much higher end brands, but maintain a much lower price point. Price point for me is definitely a deal-maker or a deal-breaker as I don’t feel my running gear has to be exorbitantly expensive to be effective. I also don’t feel that I should have to pay a ton of money for my workout gear to be cute. The new City Sports line of apparel and gear will be perfect for my runs and will help me look super cute (obviously) without breaking my budget. Rejoice!
If you have any more questions about the new City Sports women’s department, feel free to leave a comment or email me! City Sports has definitely converted this skeptic into a full-fledged brand ambassador.
*Note: I was not compensated in any way for writing this review about the new City Sports Women’s Department. I did receive a gift bag for attending this event, but it was in no way compensation for the review nor did it serve to influence my review. I just loved the new department and wanted to share my love with the world.